Friday 15 March 2013

white day




March 14th in Korea is officially known as 'White Day'~ a holiday in which the boys traditionally shower their sweethearts with gifts and presents... or in my case my students shower me with candy and chocolate and a possible future trip to the dentist.

Dallas and I didn't really celebrate Valentine's Day when we were still together last month but last night we went Dutch as friends and ate delicious barbecued samgyupsal, which is the juiciest pork sizzled up right at your table and then eaten wrapped in a sesame leaf with spicy sauce, garlic and onions.
Delish.

My heart is forever glad that the friendship didn't die when the relationship did.
It's a rare thing that should be treasured, and I do, with all of my heart.



6 comments:

  1. Oh my, I HAVE TO TRY THAT DISH! Sounds so amazing. Happy White Day, belated! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a korea town or local Korean restaurant? They will definitely have samgyusal, it's a staple here!

      Delete
  2. Oh how fun, so "White Day" is similar to Valentine's Day? That dish looks so good! Have a great weekend, Louise!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In S. Korea Valentines is the day where girls exclusively give cards and presents to the boys they like~ I guess they created White Day so the girls could get in on the action! >.<

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful post and such a wonderful blog. Take a peek at my post on my blog about the Liebster Award. I have nominated you ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What lovely words! Thank you so much lovely Hannah, I'm flattered!!!

      Delete